Sunday, February 12, 2012

Colorful Keds


My Keds were getting a little dirty and dingy so I decided to attempt to tie dye them, luckily it worked! At the time I wasn't planning on this being a DIYIYD project so unfortunately I do not have pictures of each step. Sorry!


Price: It depends on if you have Keds or not, there are normally some at Goodwill so I would say >$10
Time: Took me about an hour. If you chose to be more artsy then longer.
Level: Easy, I am the least artistic person I know. 
Mess: Some, just water droplets here and there. 
List: Canvas sneakers
        Crayola washable magic markers
        Water
        Straw 

The Steps:
1. First I chose three colors that would complement each other and not turn brown when they bled together, blue purple and green, or orange yellow and red are both good combinations

2. Then I drew little doodles all over my shoes, like you do when you are bored in class. Make sure the doodles are close together so they will bleed, but not touching. Like a centimeter apart. 

3. After that take your straw and get a little water in it and drip it on the doodles. Watch the magic begin! 

4. Let your shoes dry over night, they will probably look completely different once they are dry because the colors continue to bleed while they dry. 

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to clarify!
Happy DIYing,
Madison Broadway

2 comments:

  1. If its raining or you step in a puddle will the color come off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder if sharpie and alcohol would ado the same?

    ReplyDelete